Attending a mining conference can be a valuable experience, providing opportunities to network, learn about the latest industry trends, and see new technology in action. But with so much going on, it can be difficult to make the most of your time! The Prospector and VRIFY teams are sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your conference experience, from maximizing your time at the event to making meaningful connections with other attendees. Whether you're a seasoned conference-goer or a first-timer, these strategies will help you make the most of your investment in attending!
- Plan Your Priorities - Mining conferences can get very busy, with dozens of sessions and events taking place each day. With so much going on, it can be difficult to create a schedule that allows you to attend off of the sessions that are most important to you. Look at the sessions happening at the event and who is exhibiting, and map out your top priorities with times and locations. This will help you with time management, and make sure you're hitting the highlights!
Attending PDAC 2023? Prospector will be at booth 6406N!
- Set up your Free Prospector trial to Research Exhibitors - One of the biggest draws of mining conferences is the exhibitors, where mining companies from all over the world showcase their latest products and technologies. With so many exhibitors, it can be overwhelming to try to navigate and find the companies that are most relevant to your interests. With Prospector, you can easily research the exhibitors before you even arrive at the conference! Prospector features a comprehensive database of mining companies that you can search and filter by industry, commodity, location, and more. This makes it easy to identify the companies that are most relevant to your interests.
The best part? You can use it completely FREE during PDAC 2023! Use this link to set up your free trial a few days before you head to PDAC, and we will pre-populate your My Prospector tab with assets specifically tailored for the conference!
- Connect with Other Attendees - Networking is a critical part of any conference, and doubly so in the mining industry. Be sure to stock up on business cards, and set up a virtual business card account in case you run out. You can also utilize technology such as your phone or tablet to take notes, or you can use the Notes feature on your Prospector account to refer back to later!
- Interact: If you see a company using VRIFY, take the time to dig into their interactive presentation to access additional context and interpret complex data quickly with their 360-degree site visits and 3D models.
For Presenters & Companies:
- Set up and update your Upgraded Company Page on Prospector - Prospector makes it easy for companies to utilize their investor relations presentations and videos, social media, recent news, and more with an Upgraded Company Profile!
- Get Creative - Leverage VRIFY to be creative with how you share information with investors. Try creating a narrated video overview of your 3D models and 360° site visuals, post your 3D models on social media to gain attention, or share interactive assets over email with the new contacts you make at conferences.
- Stand Out - Everyone uses paper diagrams, PowerPoints and handouts. Stand out from the crowd by using VRIFY to transform your presentations. Leverage their immersive 3D and 360° experiences that provides investors with powerful visual context, allowing them to interpret complex technical data and results quickly, allowing you and them to focus on what matters most during a conference.
- Embrace Technology - Prospector and VRIFY are your best friends in the mining technology space, but there are many other great ways technology can help you make the most of your investment and time! Set up digital business cards to help reduce paper use (or in case you run out!), utilize QR codes to make it easy for people stopping by your booth to scan and interact with, and use a digital note taking program to easily share notes with your team!
For First Time Goers:
- Take a Deep Breath! - Mining conferences mean a lot of networking, technical talks, and information. It can be very overwhelming! Yes, there is a lot to see and do, but be sure to take a few moments for yourself!
- The Basics - Conferences can be overwhelming, and also long days! Between technical talks, meetings, and the parties, make sure you're taking care of yourself. Sleep, as always, is super important, but be sure you also carry a reusable water to ensure you're hydrating, pack snacks, wear comfortable shoes and clothing, and wear plenty of layers that you can adjust as needed!
- Go With the Flow - Even with all the planning and preparing, there are things that are bound to come up short notice! Don't get too stressed if you have to leave a reception early, reschedule a meeting, or work on a follow up for something you may have missed!
Prospector and VRIFY are here to help you get the most out of your conference experience! Our platforms make it easy to quickly research mining information before, interact with data during, and re-examine after the conference. Prospector's mobile app allows users to have mining industry data at their fingertips and take notes, save projects, add tags, and more. Be sure to start your free trial, pre-loaded with assets for PDAC!